Standardized Dress Policy & Shopping Guide
The color chart contained on this page accurately represents the approved uniform colors.
Affordable uniform options can be purchased at MD School Uniforms & More, Academy, Target and Wal-Mart.
Students who violate the Davis Elementary dress code and require frequent and ongoing correction from the administration will be deemed insubordinate. Consequences for insubordination will be considered serious. Administrative time is very valuable and is best spent working with staff on outstanding curriculum and instructional delivery rather than regularly correcting students about dress code issues.
This information has been provided to assist parents in shopping for school clothes that meet the Davis Elementary student standardized dress policy as approved by the Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD Superintendent, Dr. John E. Chapman III. The building principal will have the final authority as to compliance with the dress policy.
- Docker style slacks or shorts
- Navy, khaki, or black
- Must be long enough to cover stomach and back when arms are raised and when seated
- Polo or button up, short or long sleeve, solid red, navy, white, hunter green, black
- Undershirts, tank tops, underwear worn under white polo shirts – must be white
Shorts, Skirts, Jumpers, Dresses, Skorts
- No more than 3 inches above the knee
- Navy or khaki, solid or “uniform” plaid (red, navy, hunter green)
- Fridays only with Davis spirit wear
- Jeans should be dark blue color – no designs & no other colors are allowed
- No torn or frayed, baggy or ripped jeans
- Denim overalls are not appropriate at school
- Must fit at the waist
- Skinny jeans are not appropriate
Jackets, Sweaters, Sweatshirts
- Must be solid colors, no designs, size appropriate
- Acceptable colors are red, navy blue, white, and hunter green
Leggings or Jeggings
- If leggings or jeggings are worn, navy blue or black only worn under skirt, dress or shorts
- Leggings and jeggings are not to be worn as pants
- No heels, only flats
- Closed toed shoes, tennis shoes preferred for safety
- No flip flops
- Any coat or jacket may be worn to and from school during cold weather. All coats and jackets will be stored in the classroom and will not be worn during instructional time. Students may wear “size appropriate” solid navy, white, red or hunter green sweaters or sweatshirts.
- Students may wear the NEW Davis Command Coding Academy Spirit Shirt on Fridays with blue jeans, jean shorts, or jean capris. The Davis Spirit Shirts will be sold at school. On Fridays, if students are not wearing a spirit shirt, then regular uniform attire is required.
- Davis Command Coding Academy Spirit Shirts are required for all students, teachers and chaperones
- Uniform pants unless the field trip is on Friday