Davis Dress Code Aligns with CFB Dress Code
The district establishes standardized dress and grooming guidelines so that instruction and activities are not disrupted. Standardized dress (i.e., the wearing of uniforms) is now optional, but encouraged, at Davis (see guidelines below if you wish to follow standardized dress). However, all CFB policies regarding dress code still apply to all Davis students.
We expect the dress of all students to meet community standards and school policies with regard to safety, health, cleanliness and appearance.
Some basics to remember include:
- Shoes must be worn at all times. *Special note: Crocs may NOT be worn to school because of safety concerns.
- All apparel must fit properly and must be worn in the appropriate manner intended.
- Students may wear shorts of appropriate length, or skirts of an appropriate length, at or about mid-thigh or longer, when fitted at the natural waistline. Should jeans/pants have frays, rips, or tears above the mid-thigh (appropriate length of shorts), students must wear leggings underneath the jeans.
- Clothing items with provocative, offensive, violent, or drug-related pictures or slogans as well as those advertising alcoholic beverages or tobacco products should not be worn to school.
- Please note that all building administrative decisions regarding student dress are final. Students who disregard the dress code will be subject to disciplinary interventions.
- Teachers will communicate expectations for field trip attire.
Students who violate the Davis Elementary dress code and require frequent and ongoing correction from the administration will be deemed insubordinate. Consequences for insubordination will be considered serious. Administrative time is very valuable and is best spent working with staff on outstanding curriculum and instructional delivery rather than regularly correcting students about dress code issues.
The building principal will have the final authority as to compliance with the dress policy.
Standardized Dress Policy & Shopping Guide
The color chart contained on this page accurately represents the approved uniform colors if you wish to follow the standardized dress policy.
Affordable uniform options can be purchased at MD School Uniforms & More, Academy, Target and Wal-Mart.
- Docker style slacks or shorts
- Navy, khaki, or black
- Must be long enough to cover stomach and back when arms are raised and when seated
- Polo or button up, short or long sleeve, solid red, navy, white, hunter green, black
- Undershirts, tank tops, underwear worn under white polo shirts – must be white
Shorts, Skirts, Jumpers, Dresses, Skorts
- No more than 3 inches above the knee
- Navy or khaki, solid or “uniform” plaid (red, navy, hunter green)
- Fridays only with Davis spirit wear
- Jeans should be dark blue color – no designs & no other colors are allowed
- No torn or frayed, baggy or ripped jeans
- Denim overalls are not appropriate at school
- Must fit at the waist
- Skinny jeans are not appropriate
Jackets, Sweaters, Sweatshirts
- Must be solid colors, no designs, size appropriate
- Acceptable colors are red, navy blue, white, and hunter green.
Leggings or Jeggings
- If leggings or jeggings are worn, navy blue or black only worn under skirt, dress or shorts.
- Leggings and jeggings are not to be worn as pants.
- No heels, only flats
- Closed toed shoes, tennis shoes preferred for safety
- No flip flops
- 7:00 Cafeteria entrance opens; breakfast served from 7:00-7:20
- 7:25 Students dismissed to their classes from either cafeteria or gym
- 7:30 Tardy bell. Cafeteria entrance closed; students must enter through the office to receive a tardy slip.
- 10:00 Attendance bell
- 2:45 Dismissal
Kinder at 10:30 AM
1st Grade at 11:00 AM
2nd Grade at 11:30 AM
3rd Grade at 12:00 PM
4th Grade at 12:30 PM
5th Grade at 1:00 PM